The library tutorial was very interesting and helpful. I could see myself using it in the fall when I have a research paper to do or a bibliography or even to look up a book in the FGCU library. When we just had to do an annotated bibliography this tutorial would have helped me tremendously! I would honestly use everything I learned in this tutorial. Three things I didn’t know coming into to this is not knowing how to cite anything and the format of it. The other two things is using a scholarly journal and a database I have never used those types of research before, they look like they’re going to be very useful but complicated at the same time. On the other hand its common sense not to plagiarize and to have consequences for those actions. I also feel like I know a lot about Bigfoot, Skunk Apes, and Sasquatch and now I know the format of citing citations and how to use it!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Library Tutorial
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, I never learned any of these skills until now. The tutorial really helped me too, I will diffidently be using this in the fall as well. Citing works was a challenge for me, since teachers had never taught it to me. I never knew scholarly journals existed ether, I thought you could only get things from google. My teachers weren’t very good in high school, we just found information from anywhere and that’s all we needed. I learned a lot about the skunk ape too. At first I thought it was totally different from big-foot, but then they had the same pictures for them. Now we know a little bit about everything thanks to the tutorial.
ReplyDeleteHey Jordan, I thought the tutorial had a lot of useful information that I could use. I will probably have to go back to the tutorial in the fall to review what it says. I found the section about foot notes helpful. I have never had to use them before, so I found that section very useful. I thought it was good that the tutorial should which research materials were the best to start out with. I would have never considered starting my research with using an encyclopedia first if it wasn't for the tutorial. When the tutorial started I had no idea what a Skunk Ape was. I guess I learned more than how to cite other people's work.
ReplyDeleteHey Jordan,
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you. The tutorial could have helped before we had to write our annotated bibliographies. I had no idea how to use the Florida Gulf coast University library. I learned a lot more about scholarly journals as well. I will always make sure to include them in my work cited pages for the fall semester. I thought the tutorial had a lot of useful video clips which helped me understand how to find the encyclopedia on our library website. One of the valuable things I learned was to save time and frustration when starting my research paper via the use of the three most reliable sources: databases, scholarly journals, and search engines.
Yes I agree that it was very interesting and helpful. I also see myself using it in the fall for sure for another research paper or more annotated bibliographies. It does help me understand how to cite things and to use the correct format a little more. I remember having a hard time in high school and getting the grade I wish was higher. I had a hard time finding a scholarly journal for my annotated bibliographies and now it is a little easier after watching this library video tutorial. Anything seems possible after taking the time to watch it.
ReplyDeleteHey Jordan,
ReplyDeleteYeah this will definitely help us in the fall. I totally agree that this video would have helped us with the annotated bibliagraphies. This type of researching techniques are new to all of us. It seems like a difficult thing at first, but like you said after watching this video it made it really easy.
Hey,
ReplyDeleteI would have to agree with you, this would have been very helpful for our bibliography, too bad we didn't use it until now. I am sure that it will become very useful in Comp 2, I hear that there is more research involved. Even though it was extremely boring and hard to pay attention to all those videos, I am glad we have somewhere to refer to in the fall. Great job!
Hey Jordan, I agree with you about the library tutorial. There was a ton of information on the site that was new to me too. I also think it is funny how so many people did not know about this sort of information. This tutorial would have helped me a lot with the annotated bibliography. I struggled finding out information that would be useful for my product that we advertised. I hope that you will use this information that you have learned in the fall for Comp 2.
ReplyDelete